Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tax Lady

I don't think I'm going to get my Eagle painting done before tax season gets started in January.  I have two paintings going and I'm pretty darn sure I'm not going to get either one of them done.  This year went by so fast. The whole summer and fall devoted to making, selling and promoting art. Time really got away from me. I've been working so hard being an artist I didn't notice that I was working.

I put in 70+ hour weeks in my tax business, Hess Income Tax, from January till April 15th and then I have 8 months to do mostly as I please. Each year as the Holiday season rolls around I say to myself, "I can't believe it's almost tax season again."  As if I didn't just have 8 months doing what I want.

So here we are again, I'll put away my paints and easel, get out my dresses and nylons and become Laura Curtin, Tax Lady.  This will be my 33rd year of preparing tax returns for my clients, friends and family. The office has been open for 53 years with 48 of those in the same Westminster California location.  My clients are mostly referrals from other clients and the grown children of those and so on. I'm an Enrolled Agent licensed to practice before the IRS on behalf of clients and I keep up my education to give the clients the best tax advice I can.

 I have a great job and I love the 8 months painting but I wonder what it would be like to be 100% Laura Curtin, Artist.

Grumpy Faced Eagle under Construction
I'll be back soon. Have a wonderful Holiday season.



Thanks for reading


I am helping to support a great animal rescue center with portions of my sales from my Etsy sales site.  I am giving 10% of all sales to this fantastic animal rescue center.

Forever Wild Exotic Animal Sanctuary

PURCHASE 8x10 painting prints, holiday & birthday cards!

Visit my personal portfolio website.
http://www.LCurtin.com

Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you back soon.

Follow us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment