Saturday, December 15, 2012

How to Oil paint

How to Oil Paint? Practice. I know that's not what you wanted to read but you know it's true.

While practice is important and the best way to get better at anything, specific instruction is also very helpful. I've been painting a long time and the lessons I've taken from other artists were very important. I learned what I like to do and what I don't want to do when I paint. So, I'll make some outlines and videos for you to watch. I'll share what I've learned along the way. I've already started the first one, I mentioned it here before, "How to Paint Cat Eyes ." My brother is editing that one now and I will post it soon. I will do the best "How to Paint Whatever" videos possible.

My job besides painting is to write stuff, video tape things and come up with many ideas of what my friends and readers would like to know how to paint. I sure wish I was younger, only for the energy, well, maybe the younger part would be ok. I would love to be able to stay awake painting through the night or writing descriptive content. If perhaps you have that kind of energy now I hope you feel it and put it to good use.

So practice and instruction are two important parts of painting. Talent and vision are two parts you already possess, put together all of the parts and we are making art. Let's do that.


Thanks for reading


I am helping to support a great animal rescue center with portions of my sales from my Etsy sales site.  I am giving 10% of all sales to this fantastic animal rescue center.

Forever Wild Exotic Animal Sanctuary

PURCHASE 8x10 painting prints, holiday & birthday cards!

Visit my personal portfolio website.
http://www.LCurtin.com

Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you back soon.

Follow us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment