Friday, December 7, 2012

Going on

The most important painting tip I've learned over the years is "Keep Going."  I am telling myself to keep going a lot with this new painting I've started.  I wanted to paint something different, something I've never painted before.  I decided on a desert tortoise.  I found wonderful reference material.  I can see the finished painting in my head and I am must be growing as a artist because I have to keep telling myself to "Keep Going!"

I guess it's been awhile since I felt like a novice.  After the last painting I felt so accomplished even smug.  There was so much work and detail in "Cougar Ledge" and I never felt like I had to figure out how to paint something. Rocks were rocks and cats were cats and that's what I painted.

I will learn how to paint something new. I will figure out how to paint tortoise hide. I will not get mad at myself when painting doesn't come easy.  I will "Keep Going" again.

Bison- Oil on Canvas  by Laura Curtin
American Bison 
Please follow my blog. 

PURCHASE 8x10 painting prints, holiday & birthday cards!

I am helping to support a great animal rescue center with portions of my sales from my Etsy sales site.  I am giving 10% of all sales to this fantastic animal rescue center.


Forever Wild Exotic Animal Sanctuary

http://foreverwildexotics.org/

Visit my personal portfolio website:

http://www.LCurtin.com

Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you back soon.



Follow us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment