Thursday, December 6, 2012

Perfect Christmas Lunch

Today was our once a year painting class Christmas Lunch. What a day!  We went to the Balboa Bay Club in Newport Beach and spent 2 wonderful hours eating designer food and talking. A bit expensive for lunch but what a nice view and it's only once a year. Most of us in class have been together for 20 years. I should find one of the really old pictures of Christmas lunch and see how much we've changed. Maybe not. Bee is 99 now and still drives to class and lunch today. I followed her to the club today and I had to drive 60 down Pacific Coast Highway to keep up with her. I was afraid I might get a ticket. I was thinking she probably doesn't care if she gets a ticket. How many of us will live to see 99 Christmases.

Photo - by laura Curtin

The decorators at the club really go all out with the holiday decorations. Although they decorate the same every year. Now I'm in the mood to get my tree up at home and decorate. I think I'll break out all my old Hallmark decorations this year. I have a lot of moveable ornaments that plug into the lights on the tree. It's been 10 years at least since I've had them on the tree. There is one where kids slide down the banister, Santa in a workshop, reindeer flying through the sky and so many more. Maybe it will be nice to have a nostalgic Christmas this year.

Photo of Laura Curtin

Bee got cut off the side of this picture, but you get the idea.

Check out the Balboa Bay Club http://www.balboabayclub.com/ What a beautiful place.

It's located in Newport Beach California where they have a spectacular boat parade each year
http://www.visitnewportbeach.com/things-to-do/holidaylights/  This event will really get you in the Christmas mood if you aren't already.

Really should include Hallmark, they are the Christmas people.

http://www.hallmark.com/christmas/ideas/

Please come to the Tustin Holiday Boutique this weekend December 7th and 8th 2012.

http://www.visitnewportbeach.com/things-to-do/holidaylights/

Thanks for reading

PURCHASE 8x10 painting prints, holiday & birthday cards!

I am helping to support a great animal rescue center with portions of my sales from my Etsy sales site.  I am giving 10% of all sales to this fantastic animal rescue center.

Forever Wild Exotic Animal Sanctuary

Visit my personal portfolio website.

Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you back soon.
Follow us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment